You can set up Microsoft Office 365 e-mail on a Windows Phone mobile phone. When you set up an Exchange account on your device, you’ll be able to access and synchronize your e-mail, calendar, and contacts.
These instructions are for devices running Windows Phone 7:
1. On Start, flick left to the App list, tap Settings and then tap email + accounts
2. Tap add an account > Outlook
3. Enter your e-mail address and password and tap sign in. Windows Phone will try to set up your e-mail account automatically. If setup completes successfully, skip to step 6.
4. If your e-mail account can’t be configured automatically, tap Advanced Setup. You’ll need to enter the following information:
- E-mail address – This is your full e-mail access, for example firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password – This is the password for your Office 365 e-mail account
- User name – This is your full e-mail address, for example email@example.com
- Domain – This is the part of your e-mail address after the @ sign, for example abc.co.uk
- Server – For instructions for finding your server name, see the Finding the Server Name section below
- Select the Server requires encrypted (SSL) connection box
5. Tap sign in
6. Press OK if Exchange ActiveSync asks you to enforce policies or set a password.
Finding the Server Name:
To determine your server name, use the following steps:
1. Sign in to your account using Outlook Web App
2. After you sign in, click Options > See All Options > Account > My Account > Settings for POP, IMAP, and SMTP access
3. Find the server name listed under External setting or Internal setting. If your server name is in the format podxxxxx.outlook.com, then your Exchange ActiveSync server name is m.outlook.com
If you are having difficulties setting up Office 365 on your business devices or have any questions related to this please don’t hesitate to get in touch.