A question that our support team frequently get asked is how to run a retrospective aged debtor or creditor report in Sage 200. Read on to find out how to do this.
Let’s go through running an aged debtors report but the same logic applies to run an aged credit report.
- Bring up the sales ageing report as normal – Sales, Reports,Credit Control, Aged Debtors
- Without changing any other criteria you need to tick the box called “Retrospective” as indicated above and then select the date that you want t he report to run at in “base date for ageing”.
- In the above example the date is set to 28/02/2021, so by selecting retrospective this will run a report as if it had been run on 28/02/2021, which means it will only include transactions, invoices, credits, receipts etc. plus allocations dated before 28/02/2021.
- Should the aged debtors report not equal your expected value, for example agreeing to the nominal, then what has probably happened is that you have a payment or receipt date that is different to the allocation date of that receipt or payment. This is especially common on the purchase ledger if a payment run is made prior to a month end and the transaction is dated for the next month and the payment in the next so there is a reconciliation difference of that amount.
- Allocation dates are shown at the top of the payment/receipt allocation screens, pictured below:
If you have any questions about this or need assistance then please contact the GCC Group Support Team on 0345 260 1151 or firstname.lastname@example.org